Thai Peanut Wraps Recipe
These peanut wraps are served raw except for the wonton strips/egg/chicken (all three would probably be delicious too) so are great for the Summer.
Wonton strips can be bought from Chinese supermarkets and are usually fried and added hot to wraps.
- 400g shredded red cabbage
- 150g shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 100g edamame beans cooked and shelled
- 50g fresh coriander chopped
- 50g spring onions chopped
- 50g honey-roasted peanuts
- 1 cup wonton strips, these can be replaced with strips of plain omelette or chicken if you can't find them.
- 5 wraps
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 30g peanut butter
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Mix all ingredients for peanut sauce except peanut butter. Add peanut butter last and mix again.
Drizzle on top of all other ingredients inside the wraps. Chicken/Egg/ Wonton Strips may be added hot or cold.