Quizzle - a cross between a quiz and a puzzle.
Please donate to The Spitz if you are able and submit answers to email@example.com before midday on the 29th of March.
The prize is a £50 voucher for our shop :).
The basic idea to make the items in a quiz un-look-up-able by combining both puzzle and quiz elements in the questions. Feel free to consult anything you like, but you may need some inspiration to guess what to look up.
- J L + P M + G H + R S = T B
What does TB stand for?
- If "Heating Goes Wrong" = 1 and "Offers Honest Jam" = 3, what is the value of "Mohican All Bran"?
- What word comes next in this series:
Wheat, Set, Cease ... ?
- What are the next two items in this series?
J M T B G B D C T M ? ?
5. What comes next: T B O N T B T I T ...?
6. There are 52 C in a P. How many colours are there in the P?
7. More tricky - If 7 D O T W is 7 Days Of The Week, what is 6 S K N F?
8. What is missing from the bracket in the last item:
HER HEMLOCK LOSS (ACD)
OUR HELICOPTER (AC)
SIMPLE ARMS (AC)
- What have Roald Dahl, John Steinbeck, P.G Woodhouse and Anton Chekhov done which Charles Dickens never did?
10. If C H G G and Z were once T M B, what did GC, JC, TG, EI, and TJ become in 1969?
11 What are the following letters - and no others: B C F H I K N O P S U V W Y
12. What achievement was shared by Napoleon Bonaparte, Grover Cleveland, Mikhail Botvinnik, Kevin Rudd and Muhammad Ali?
13. Replace X in: Ply arse, X, Sore army, My the,
14. If CHESS = 6, CHAT = 8, THUNDER = 100, what is the value of RIDE?
15. For what are there 1 A, C, D, E and K and 8 B’s?
16. What is the only country that can be typed on a single row of a qwerty keyboard?
- What is the only US state that can be typed on a single row of a qwerty keyboard?
- If L + N = 62, X + S = 16 and V + W = 14 what does C + E =
- If B=5, G and I = 4, and A, F and U = 2 which two letters both = 1?
- Which letter is missing from the following list:
A, B, B, C, C, E, G, P, P, U, V