Bold Bean Co : Tomato + Gochujang Cream Chickpeas
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 30 g unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 heaped tablespoon of tomato puree
- 2-3 tablespoons gochujang, depending on your spice preference
- 180 ml double cream
- 1 x 700g jar of Bold Bean Co Queen Chickpeas with their bean stock (or 2 x 400g tins with 200ml veg stock)
- Honey (optional)
- 20g parmesan, grated
- Greens such as pak choi, roasted kale, or tenderstem broccoli, to serve
- Sesame seeds, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Tumble the cherry tomatoes into a roasting tin, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes until they soften and begin to burst.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, prepare the sauce. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over a medium heat and add the crushed garlic. Cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently, until fragrant. Add the tomato puree and gochujang to the pot. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook the mixture for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the tomato paste and gochujang caramelise. Reduce the heat if they begin to burn.
- Add the cream and chickpeas with their bean stock and bring the sauce to a simmer. Continue simmering, stirring frequently, until the sauce begins to thicken and the tomato paste and gochujang are fully dissolved, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in the parmesan and lots of black pepper. Season to toast and add a drizzle of honey if desired.
- Once the sauce has thickened slightly, tip in the tomatoes and stir to combine. Plate up with your greens of choice (we like the crunch of roasted kale) and finish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.