Veggie Pasta Bake
This is a very heartwarming dish, we advise making extra and freezing it, or just eating it, day after day :).
- 1 red pepper, roughly cut.
- 1 yellow pepper, roughly cut.
- 2 courgettes, cut into small chunks.
- 1 large white onion, roughly chopped.
- 1 leek, well chopped.
- 3 tbsp oil
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- a good squeeze of tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tbsp chopped basil
- 300g pasta
- 150g mozzarella
- 5 tbsp finely grated parmesan
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5.
Put the peppers, courgettes, leek and onion into a roasting tin or deep baking dish and coat in oil. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and golden brown.
Add the cherry tomatoes, chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic and basil and cook for 10–15 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in salted water according to pack instructions. Add 4–6 tablespoons of the pasta cooking water to the vegetables.
Drain the pasta and stir into the roasted vegetables. Stir through the mozzarella and pesto, top with Parmesan and return to the oven for another 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted.