Nick's Vegan Banana Bread
- 3-4 very ripe bananas,
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 75ml of coconut oil (you can use any other or a mix too)
- 50g brown sugar
- 100ml aquafaba (about half of the juice from a can or small jar of chickpeas)
- 200g white flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
- Any plant based milk or water to moisten (if needed)
Mash together the bananas and honey and sugar until smooth.
Start preheating a loaf tray in the oven to 170 Centigrade and add the oil till it melts. Then throw most of the oil in with the bananas and honey reserving just enough to coat the baking tray while it preheats.
Mix the aquafava with an electric whisk until it is well beaten, fold into the banana mush and add the dry ingredients including cinnamon and vanilla extract, if using.
If your mix is quite dry add the plant based milk or water. Pour into a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until a knife comes out clean (the knife may just have bits of banana on it so maybe try in a couple of places.
Enjoy with blueberries and a cup of tea.